Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday nights

It hits me every once in a while just how much I'm going to miss the students of PBC when we are gone to Portland. Tonight was one of those nights. There were quite a few students there tonight and the mood was really good. Unfortunately my teaching time and the small group time got condensed a bit because the game took longer than I had expected, but it's OK as long as it happens once in a while. God is most certainly able to work in the nights when I feel a little out of control... some may say he's more likely to work in more significant ways on those nights.

We covered John 3:16-21 tonight and it was a whirlwind for me. One big question I wanted to get answered is "What does it mean to believe in Jesus?" I basically said that the idea of believing "in" Jesus is an important one that we often don't think about, which is unfortunate since our eternal destiny is wrapped in to what we believe "in". Believing in Jesus is much different than just believing something is true, like a fact. For example, 2 + 2 = 4 - that's I fact that I believe in. But it doesn't shape my life and change me from the inside out. So believing in Jesus is far more than a mental agreement over facts about Jesus. It's a whole-hearted, complete dependence on God that says "I'm all in" - it's staking everything, your eternal destiny and your tomorrow as well, on Jesus.

Enough of that... Noelle just got home and it's time to catch up on some American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Get a discussion started here: