Friday, January 15, 2010

It's been a while...

I haven't written in almost a month now and I think I know why. I've been reading this interesting book by Donald Miller called "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years". Miller is a phenomenal author who has written several books in the past few years and this one does not let down in the least. The subtitle is "What I learned while editing my life" and he talks about how our lives are much like stories and how most Americans live lame stories. Anyways, one reason why I think I haven't been writing much lately is that I was afraid that people weren't going to read it and I guess I was sort of in it to be patted on the back once in a while and hear stuff like "Hey, great blog the other day" and "Man, you're a great writer!" And so maybe out of the fear of that and the fact that I just wasn't writing regularly, I took a miniature hiatus from blogging. But here's the thing: I love to write and some day hope to write a book if not more than one book. I have no idea if this will ever take place but the least I can do is write almost every day on this blog to develop love for writing and also develop the discipline necessary to become a good writer.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm done trying to do commentary on 1 Peter and I'm just going to make this more of an online journal for myself and anyone who is interested in reading. I want to be open, humorous, winsome, and want to develop as a writer. So if you read this at all, thank you. I'm excited (for now) about doing this more often and just putting my fingers on the keyboard and seeing what comes. I'm going to keep them shorter than they were for the most part because people generally don't read stuff that is long when they're online and, honestly, I don't want to go on and on about things - short and to the point, right? So, enjoy if you so choose and if you don't then you certainly won't be offending me.

Just some thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Get a discussion started here: