Saturday, August 15, 2009

Why this blog

To be honest, I'm not sure where the desire to start a blog of my own came from. I've been blogging on my church's site for some time but it occurs to me that I have so many more thoughts than I actually write on the site, and need some accountability to write them down and develop what I consider a God given gift and passion.

So, why "I know where the Bread is?" Because I am a beggar trying to tell other beggars where the Bread is. This is a popular phrase within the Christian subculture, referring to a humble approach to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel, as Tim Keller has summed up so eloquently, is this: you are far worse than you ever dare believe, and you are far more loved than you ever dare imagine. We tend to have a very high view of our humanity, a view which the Bible shatters on nearly every page. We are not our own god, nor are we nearly as "free" as we wish we were. We are slaves and beggars, enslaved by our sinful nature and addictions, and in desperate need of grace. So I'm beginning this blog with the hope of being an encouragement to everyone, writing painfully transparent thoughts on the beautiful struggle that is the Christian life. I'm a beggar who has found his bread (fulfillment and meaning in life) from Jesus Christ, who called himself the Bread of life. I hope this post will be thought provoking and will be used by God to lead you to Himself.

Soli Deo Gloria


To make a comment, click "comments" just below any post, then type in the box

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Get a discussion started here: