Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A new blog topic series: Paideia

So I've been sort of slacking on blogging with topical themes, but I'm going to renew that plan starting this week. Now that I started seminary officially, there is a plethora of opportunities to regurgitate what I'm learning and help people as best I can. By writing out some of what I'm learning, I'll also learn it better and more permanently.

So, what in the world is "paideia"? It's the ancient Greek word for "education", and I thought it would be fitting to name this series after education - I'm diving back into education through seminary and want to help educate people with what I'm learning. I'm sure I won't be able to sum up everything as good as many of my professors will do it, but hopefully by reviewing my notes and doing the assigned reading, I'll be able to come to a good knowledge of a wide variety of topics.

So, I hope this is helpful. My tone in this series will be far less opinion based and more factual - more of a teaching format. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Get a discussion started here: