Friday, May 28, 2010

Just gonna say it

OK, so here's what I'm realizing: there are seasons in life when some things that I really want to do I just don't get to do very much of. Take, for example, this season in my life. I'm now less than two months away from the biggest move in my life, and there are MANY things to keep busy with. I've been preparing a sermon for Sunday, prepared a talk for Wednesday night, and taking a course for seminary online. Now, to be sure, I've also been able to enjoy myself - I was able to play golf with a bunch of pastors on Monday for the "Pastors Masters" event, and tomorrow I get to do a little wine tasting with the Sissons. So that's all great.

All this being said, I just don't have time to consistently blog and I need to admit it to myself. So, no one needs to read this, it's just that once I get it out there it's more real, ya know? Like when you know something is wrong in your life but you aren't changing it because you're not telling anyone... and then that moment comes when you tell someone and you say out loud that you're going to change. You have a much better chance at success in my experience when that happens. So, I've just got to admit that while I love writing, I'm not going to be able to do it consistently for the next few months. Now, who's to say I'll have tons of time to do it once I start school full time and am living in new city? I guess we'll just have to figure that one out.

But, the good news is that I've now admitted it and can be OK with it. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Get a discussion started here: